During the carnival, everyone can try on the mask to anyone and have some fun from the heart. Prostoturist has become part of a festive extravaganza at one of the most famous carnivals in the world.
Before lent long been accepted to have fun with lavish meals and alcohol. Even the word “carnival” (“carne vale”) is translated from Latin as “no meat”. Carnival in Cologne is a tradition that originated in the mists of time. She could not even destroy the Church, which has long been banned to have fun before lent.
The carnival takes place every year in February, but the date is adjusted depending on the date of the post. In 2013 festive event is scheduled from 7 to 11 February. Traditionally, the celebration lasts for four days and invariably begins on Thursday at 11 hours and 11 minutes.
Citizens are responsible for this event and the preparations begin early, in November. The carnival is organised by the city, the festival is always full of surprises, because the highlight of the upcoming action trying to keep them secret. Carnival in Cologne is really affordable freedom and fun, because this festival is free: he passes on the streets, and his party can be anyone. In addition to the processions are held ancient ceremonies, shows are held in the city squares and costume Continue reading
Festivals – this action whose main objective is the preservation of the national memory about events or customs relating to the history of a country. Usually it is a holiday, which allows to understand better the spirit of the people and becomes, usually, one of the brightest events in the journey. And most importantly, this holiday is real. I always, preparing for the trip, try to find out whether there are such festivals.
• The days of Haydn (early March),
• The days of sacred music (early March – mid April),
• Vienna festival (may – June),
• Vienna music summer (mid June – mid September),
• International musical youth festival (July),
• festival Spectaculum (July),
• Schubert (November),
• operetta festival in Baden (end of June – mid September).
• National day of the Republic of Austria is celebrated in Austria on October 26.Traditionally the most important celebrations on this day take place in Vienna, on Heroes ‘ square – the very place, where he was declared perpetual neutrality.
• Christmas magic: mid November – 24 December: pre-Christmas mood in city Hall Park
• New year’s eve trail: December 31: New year in the Old town will meet with a variety of music and entertainment
• Vienna Ice dream: from mid-January to early March. Giant ice field in front of city Hall Continue reading
The season of carnivals in the Dominican Republic.
Photos from the carnival in costumes of devils in the town of La VEGA and the capital Santo Domingo.
Dominican carnival is a colourful spectacle, full of colour and traditions, inspiring music and dancing. The use of carnival masks symbolizes the spiritual, supernatural and unknown to the world of creatures that existed before the beginning of world history.
African tribes and American Indians, like other peoples, have used masks to draw attention to themselves more spiritual, higher beings, or, conversely, to hide from him. The Indians Tainos of the island and the natives near lying Islands had their own festival before the arrival of the Spaniards. Their festival was called Areitos. Usually Areitos were held during the harvest and sowing. The Indians used tattoo, painted body, used the beads and masks during their festivals.
Conquistadors and African slaves brought with them their traditions and holidays. Africans brought their own festivals and national musical instruments, dancing and singing. They brought a bit of humor, laughing at him and his hard life. The holidays were a way for at least a little time to get rid of heavy bondage.
With the arrival of Columbus, the Europeans brought to the island by the Catholic Continue reading